Saturday 31 March 2018

SSS Monday Challenge 'Inside the Box"

 A friend of a friend passed away leaving a lifetime collection of stamping goods. I had the opportunity to look.........boxes and boxes of used and unopened stamps and dies. I haven't stamped since June last year, but I was tempted. When I brought my purchased items home, I put them away in my craft room and stayed. I do miss it. The work I am doing at the moment takes most of my time.

I knew Simon Says Stamp always had a Monday challenge and I felt like a mixed media project. Something fun........like 'Crazy Cats'. The SSS Monday Challenge 'Inside the box'.
I mitred four pieces of wood, glued them together, then backed the box with heavy matting cardboard. The box was Gessoed all over.

When I stamped the cats, one looked like he was up to no good. The other cat looked like he was expecting trouble. I did have fun with this.......................



I used Tim Holtz Inks, Stamps and stickers, a patterned paper and various embellishments.

Happy Easter.

3 comments:

  1. Such a fun crazy cat box!!! I love all of the details, especially the border around the outside. Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week 🙂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is fabulous, Karen, and I'm so happy to see your work again. I hope you'll have time to play in your craft room more in the future. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it's what cats do! This looks great, love the blues and the repeat border. Congrats on the spotlight!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I do appreciate it!